Pages

Monday, April 5, 2010

Adam is watching Julie and Julia and I feel like I have jumped on the Blog Bandwagon...

oh well!

Here is my own mini cooking blog:

Today my task was to finish taxes...I took the day off to recover from Easter, and the one thing I absolutely had to do was taxes! That didn't sound too terribly fun by the time I woke up. But I got to it (after only a ...bit... of FarmVille), and taxed away until I got too hungry. Then I was going to make Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake, but realized I had no milk. So I gave up and just ate some chocolate chips. At lunch time, Adam came home and then encouraged me to actually make my food (he bought me milk). Unfortunately, there was only one egg, and I needed two! So I made a half batch. MMM it was good...especially after having starved myself until about 1:30.

After lunch I was able to actually finish those taxes, and found out I'm actually getting a refund from the Feds and from both states we lived in last year! I promised Adam I would make dinner, so I pulled myself away from the computer in order to do so. :)

I made "Rice Hotdish." It was one of Grandma Joi's recipes. I'm still not sure if it's the one I've been searching for, but it was tasty! However, three quarters of the way into baking it, I realized I'd forgotten the 2 cans of water! OH NO! So I added it and lowered the temp a tiny bit and cooked it longer...it was decent, although the rice was still a teeny bit crunchy.

And I was supposed to finish Easter today by coloring Easter eggs. Didn't though. :-p

Woo-hoo. Good times.


This picture is a little dark, but I like it because of all the symbolism right there! Baptism, communion, Easter....ahhh.



My hubby and I on Easter! Yay, I finally found a new Easter dress. That is our Easter Tree. It's actually kind of cute!

God's blessings!

No comments: